Interested in previous webinars? Search the archive.
Leading post-secondary institutions rely on the GrayReports Webinar for current data on student demand and employer requirement trends. Every month, we release the latest data on a free GrayReports Webinar. Gray covers on-campus and online programs ranging from undergraduate certificates to doctoral degrees. Gray's data includes, by academic program and location, student inquiries, Google search volumes, and job postings. If you miss the Webinar, please feel free to download the presentation or watch the replay. To whet your appetite, below are highlights from the August Webinar going over results from July:
Higher education is in a turbulent time, but some trends are returning to familiar patterns.
COVID continues to hurt demand in several sectors:
- Overall inquiry volume: -13%
- Inquiries for on-campus programs: -12%
But many large sectors continue to grow:
- Inquiries for online programs: +7%
- Google brand searches: +6%
- Google program searches: +17%
Inquiries are growing for Graphic Design, Web Design, and Medical Insurance Coder.
- Google search is growing for Cinematography, Finance, and Computer and Info Security.
- Fine Arts has surpassed Business to become the largest program by Google Search.
Program of the Month (Bachelor’s level, Connecticut Market)
- Graphic design has strong, growing demand in terms of inquiries and completions.
- Program size is above average. Nationally, 9% of completions are online.
- Jobs are available but salaries are low and unemployment is high.
You can watch the video below.
If you would like to download a copy of the presentation, you can find it here.
Our next GrayReports Webinar will be September 24th at 2:00 pm ET.
Please register on the right.