Interested in previous webinars? Search the archive.
Leading post-secondary institutions rely on the GrayReports Webinar for current data on student demand and employer requirement trends. Every month, we release the latest data on a free GrayReports Webinar. Gray covers on-campus and online programs ranging from undergraduate certificates to doctoral degrees. Gray's data includes, by academic program and location, student inquiries, Google search volumes, and job postings. If you miss the Webinar, please feel free to download the presentation or watch the replay. To whet your appetite, below are highlights from the June Webinar going over results from May:
Higher education is in a turbulent time, but some trends are returning to familiar patterns.
- COVID continues to hurt inquiry volume, but not Google searches.
- Inquiries tend to be for more hands-on programs, which are suffering.
- Demand for online programs is still growing, but more slowly.
- After two months of slower growth, Google search is growing quickly again – for programs and brands.
- Interest in many fields that require hands-on training, especially in the medical and therapeutic fields, is declining.
- Interest in other program areas — Business/Finance/Economics, Arts, Bible Studies, and some Sciences — is growing.
- Cybersecurity remains an essential academic program, and a critical priority for universities themselves.
You can watch the video below.
If you would like to download a copy of the presentation, you can find it here.
Our next GrayReports Webinar will be July 23 at 2:00 pm ET.
Joining us is Robert Manzer the Co-Founder and Chief Academic Officer of Acadeum., an educational technology company whose cross-enrollment and course sharing platform helps institutions to support student progress and efficient and enhanced curricula. He will be discussing COVID-19 and the Rise of Online Course Sharing Networks.
Please register on the right.