Leading post-secondary institutions rely on the GrayReports Webinar for current data on student demand and employer requirement trends. Every month, we release the latest data on a free GrayReports Webinar. Gray covers on-campus and online programs ranging from undergraduate certificates to doctoral degrees. Gray's data includes, by academic program and location, student inquiries, Google search volumes, and job postings. If you miss the Webinar, please feel free to download the presentation or watch the replay.
Inquiry volume for programs decreased 9% year-over-year in August.
- Inquiries for online programs decreased 3% year-over-year.
- Inquiries for on-campus programs increased 11% year-over-year.
Google search volumes were down year-over-year.
- Program searches declined 1%.
- Brand searches declined 10%.
The MOOCS are booming, especially for software courses.
- Data Science is booming
- Python is also in high demand
In New York State, the market for a Bachelor’s in Finance is strong.
- Student demand is favorable and Google search volume is trending up.
- Employment opportunities are plentiful and lucrative.
- Median program size is large but declined year-over-year.
As always, good market data enables better decisions. Better program and course decisions increase margins. Higher margins ensure viability and enable investments in your mission.
You can watch the video below.
If you would like to download a copy of the presentation, you can find it here.