Every month, Gray releases the latest student and employer demand trends in higher education. Here are a few of the trends from August of 2017 that we released in September:
- Online rebounded and remains a bright spot in demand for higher education.
- Inquiries inched down just 1% vs. a very strong month in 2016.
- Conversions rose 89% in May, are up for June and July, and will get better.
- Interest in on-ground programs continued a steep decline.
- Inquiries fell 12% year-over-year.
- Conversion fell 10% year-over-year.
- Budgets are shifting from trades programs to degreed programs.
- All large programs and cities were flat or down.