Results Through April
- U.S. Google searches for academic programs declined year-over-year, continuing the recent pattern.
- International searches for U.S. programs were flat.
- Job postings fell year-over-year, reversing a recent trend.
- Enrollment data analysis
- In general, first-time enrollments in Bachelor’s programs are a strong predictor of completions.
- Initial majors in Biology and Engineering, General are most likely to change majors.
- Psychology is the biggest parachute program.
- Some “parachutes” appear to be simply increased specializations: Accounting, Finance, Marketing
- Liberal arts programs also often function as parachutes or late-choice majors.
- Program of the month: Associate degree in Economics (for transfer)
- Mandatory seamless transfer arrangements can drive dramatic program growth.
- Using the data to identify and then answer the right questions can drive important insights.
Watch the Webinar Below